Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Big 5-0

This morning, I got up a half hour late and was going to skip my mid-week weigh in.  I figured it would take 2 seconds so what the heck.  Well, it took longer.  Why?  Because I didn't believe the scale and I kept stepping off and then back on, resetting it, etc.  This morning I finally hit my -50lb mark! 

Now I usually don't really trust my mid-week weigh ins because they are usually much higher than my weekend weigh ins.  This all seems silly.  I harp on people to not weigh themselves too often because it's normal for your body weight to fluctuate 2 pounds daily.  My mid-week weigh in is basically a check-in for myself.  It gives me a chance to reflect on the choices I have been making over the past few days.

Because of this mind set, I kind of passed this off as just water weight or whatever else goes on in my body throughout the week.  However, yesterday I went to pick up a dress that I was having altered and the alterations lady actually yelled at me because I lost 1.5-2" in my waist in the 2 weeks since I last saw her.

When I started to reflect on the weigh in and being yelled at by an alterations lady, I realized that, you know what?  I worked my butt off for this!  I have worked really hard the past 1.25 years and extremely hard these past two weeks because I was so close to the 50-pound mark.  

I deserve to celebrate this!  So, while I don't usually report my weekly weigh in results because I don't think it's necessary, I'll report this one because I'm so proud of the work I've done and how healthy I have become.  With this 50 pound loss, I am officially below my lowest grad school weight (the lowest I remember being in years).

So I came home, made a large iced coffee, took a 1/2 hour nap, treated myself to a Zumba class (thanks Amelia!), and now I am sitting here blogging my good news to you instead of getting ready for class tomorrow.   This seems like an appropriate celebration - treating myself to a fitness class (as opposed to a gluten free cupcake).

I wish you health and happiness!

1 comment:

Kathy Hass said...

You are my inspiration!
Mom